(For those wondering what all this M business is about, read this post to catch up)
Ahh, the beginning of a new season. When hopes are fresh, the grass is green, and dreams are un-shattered. So how'd my team of M-named heroes do in the first week of Fantasy Baseball?
Spoiler alert: everything is terrible and I want to go home.
Somehow I won SB, and squeaked by with RBI. Aside from that everything was pretty much awful. Four of my starting pitchers were affected by postponed games, so I didn't get a lot of double-starts in Week 1 like my opponent did. But it's not as if that mattered: there was a lot of suck in the first week.
- Miguel Sano is hitting .350 with 7 Runs, 2 HR, 8 RBI, and 17 TB.
- Similarly, Matt Kemp is batting .500 with 2 HR and 18 TB.
- Manuel Margot is good at baseball things (2 HR, 17 TB)
- Matt Harvey, Michael Fulmer, and Michael Wacha have been good at throwing the baseball to the catcher during baseball games.
- Michael Conforto isn't playing at all in that crowded Mets outfield, so I went ahead and dropped him for Manuel Margot (that part is nice)
- Matt Kemp has a hamstring injury because I guess I'm not allowed to have nice things.
- Mark Melancon should try not giving up runs instead of giving up runs.
- LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE WTF
Seriously, the first week was a disaster. I was losing my matchup 0-12 for much of the week, and I'm firmly in last place right now. Having said that, my opponent had just about the best week of anyone in the league. If I had been matched up against any other team I'd have somewhere between 6-10 points right now. So that's nice. Or at least I keep telling myself that.
Here's how my team looks now, for those wondering.