(Wondering what all this M-business is?)
Good news everybody! We're finally performing at the level deserving of a top shelf gimmick team, almost running the table on our opponent.
Look at those stats! A 2.13 ERA from a team going for quantity instead of quality pitching? 18 dingers? Winning the Saves category with only one closer? We've reached our peak, folks. And by "peak" I mean "one game over .500".
- Miguel Sano hit a videogame-like .524 last week with 21 TB.
- My 4th round pick Matt Kemp is back from the DL and mashing like it's 2011.
- Matt Wieters? Good at baseball again.
- Pretty much the entire pitching staff. Fulmer had the worst outing this week and it was still a Quality Start.
- Mitch Haniger is on the DL with an oblique strain because god hates the Mariners.
- My 6th round pick Mark Trumbo has probably been the biggest bust of the year.
- Manuel Margot has descended into the "fast outfielder with a small bat" category, and is dangerously close to being on THE UGLY list next week.
- Mike Napoli has been so bad that I finally dropped him. Currently running Matt Holliday full-time at 1B, while keeping an eye on Mitch Moreland.
I've been doing my best to trade Mark Melancon, but it's just not happening. I've tried packaging him with starting pitching in exchange for Miggy twice, but the other team rejects it without comment. The teams with Scherzer and Bumgarner won't even respond to my trade requests. But you know what? The Mancies don't give a fuuuuuck. I've added Michael Lorenzen to snag vulture saves and am going to chug along with what I currently have.
Full team stats from last week below.